Lund’s Substance Abuse Treatment Program
Lund offers Residential Treatment in a 26-bed facility with 24-hour counseling staff, on-site nursing staff, and access to comprehensive treatment. Lund is the only facility in Vermont where pregnant or parenting women can reside with their children while engaging in treatment for mental health and substance use disorders; removing the primary barrier for mothers in seeking treatment.
Lund’s Residential program includes:
• Trauma informed, family-centered clinical treatment
• Case management services
• Family engagement for continued stability after discharge
• Family Education services including parenting education, and developmental screening and assessment for children.
• Medical case management and on site nursing care
Lund’s outpatient services:
Lund offers a variety of outpatient, community-based substance abuse treatment services for pregnant women and parents in Chittenden County Outpatient services include:
• Screening and assessment
• Trauma and gender informed women-only group counseling
• Trauma and gender informed individual counseling
• Nursing and physician services in connection with the Chittenden Clinic, as a Spoke in the state’s Hub and Spoke system for opiate dependence treatment
• Referrals and connections to Lund’s education, adoption, and family support services, as well as other community-based supports as appropriate
As with our residential treatment, all outpatient services are trauma-informed and family-centered. We understand the mental health issues that often surround or accompany substance abuse disorders, and this informs our treatment services.