University of Vermont Medical Center is committed to being a national model for the delivery of high-quality academic health care for a rural region. Our mission is to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve by integrating patient care, education, and research in a caring environment.
DayOne, a division of the Psychiatry Service at UVM Medical Center, is an outpatient rehabilitation program for substance use disorders that provides comprehensive treatment at several levels of intensity, ranging from office-based evaluation and treatment to intensive outpatient services.
DayOne also offers an innovative treatment program to support people in successfully transitioning to primary care for medication-assisted treatment. The DayOne Suboxone Transition Program promotes stability and provides assistance during a five-week transition period from a higher level of care to office-based treatment provided by physicians at UVM Medical Center.
DayOne provides Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) and outpatient services with a concentration on group therapy, which utilizes emotion regulation, mindfulness, group psychotherapy, motivational enhancement, cognitive behavioral therapy, relapse prevention, coping & life skills training and other evidence-based solution-focused techniques. Each group meets for a minimum of 12 sessions.
We also provide:
- Integrated services with primary care medicine.
- Medical mental health assessment with onsite psychiatric services.
- Psychopharmacological evaluation and monitoring.
- Random urine screens and breath alcohol testing to verify self-report.
- Consultation for integrating mental health services.
- Assessment for detoxification services.
- Referral services to residential services as needed.
- Collaboration with Seneca Center and/or Mood and Anxiety Disorders Clinic at UVM Medical Center.
- Educational services and assistance to other UVM Medical Center departments or agencies.
- Medication-assisted treatment.
Our range of outpatient treatment services includes three levels:
LEVEL III – This level of service is our Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) which meets three times a week for three hour sessions. We offer a morning and an afternoon IOP. The morning IOP meets Monday/Wednesday/Friday from 8:30 – 11:30am. The afternoon IOP meets Tuesday/Thursday/Friday from 12:00 – 3:00pm.
LEVEL II – This group meets twice a week on Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 – 11:10am.
LEVEL I – This level of service might include group or individual counseling. The Level I groups meet once a week for ninety minutes. The Level I focus groups include: Women’s Recovery Group, Men’s Group, Cognitive Behavior Therapy Skills Group, Relapse Prevention, etc.
Population Served – Adults (age 18 and above) with alcohol, drug and co-occurring mental health disorders.